I have been making chocolate chip cookies these past few days, tweaking my favourite soft cookie recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction as my family (+ extended family) doesn’t understand the concept of chewy cookies and they’re also a bit too sweet for their taste. Hahahaha. For the perfect chewy cookie please go to her website! It’s an amazing and awesome array of recipes and it’s where I get most of the stuff I make too. 🙂
- 170 grams (1 and 1/2 stick or 3/4 cup) room temperature butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) packed brown sugar – I prefer dark brown sugar as the molasses are amazing
- 30 grams white sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1 large egg or 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 260 grams (2 cups + 1 tablespoon) flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salter
- 225 grams (1 1/4 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
Now if you compare mine and Sally’s recipe, you can see the only real difference here is the amount of white sugar and the amount of flour. I find that flour dampens the sweetness of the sugar quite a bit. In another version of this recipe which is less sweet I used 275 g of flour.
!! note !! Chilling is mandatory for this recipe !
If your butter isn’t room temperature yet cut it up into smaller cubes; this makes them soften faster.
- Cream butter with mixer at medium speed till smooth
- Add both sugars and mix into butter until it’s completely incorporated and fluffy!
- Add eggs (If 2 eggs mix the first egg completely before adding the second egg.)
- Add vanilla 😀
- Wet Ingredients + Sugar mix!
- In another bowl mix all of the remaining dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until no more packets of flour are seen.
- Mix in chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
- Chill batter for 1 hour to 2 days. Once you want to use them, use a table spoon to measure out the batter then roll into balls. Preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat. The dough should be at least 1 to 1.5 inches apart. Cook for about 13 minutes or to the desired crunchiness of the outer crust.
And there you have it! Chocolate chip cookies! 😀 Yay! They were a huge hit with my family and I hope it will also be with yours.
Comment what you think of them below and what tweaks you did yourself. Happy baking!